Based on the cooperation relations to the Rostock University apart from own performances the subject-specific utilisation of resources available at the Chair of Ocean Engineering and at the Chair of Fluid Mechanics is possible and a close cooperation with other chairs and institutes of the Rostock University is possible as well.
Experiences have already been gained in research and development tasks in the following fields:
- numerical 2-D and 3-D flow simulations
- flow field measurements
- calibration of anemometers in the wind tunnel
- model tests in the wind tunnel
- model tests in the flume tank and in the circulation tank
- experiments and tests to the material performance and for assembly proper operation für den deep sea activity in the pressure tank up to 600 bar
- research into the electrical characteristics of deep sea cable in the pressure tank
- flow investigations and mixing tests using liquids of various density
Information and calculation systems
For co-operating with our clients and external partners a high performance net of hard and software components is available.
Data transfer is possible via:
- User-to-user connections
- Internet, E-mail
- Internet, FTP-Server
- Conventional storage media
High performance software tools are available for calculations in the field of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and the finite-element method (FEM).